LOADING

Type to search

“They want to leave us without electricity, heat, water”: the chairman of Kharkiv told how many buildings in the city cannot be restored

The chairman spoke about the large-scale damage to buildings in the city. According to him, this year the Russians are focusing on energy infrastructure and the heating network.

According to chairman Igor Terekhov, last year the Russians randomly hit businesses, housing, and substations. Today it is noticeable that they are cynically focusing on energy and heating networks.

“They want to leave us without electricity, heat, and water, but apart from energy, everything else is suffering – both housing and office space,” the chairman said.

The chairman added that as of today, more than 10,000 residential buildings have been damaged in the city. This is 2,000 more than last year. About half of the damaged buildings are multi-story, the rest are private. Some buildings have been hit by repeated shelling.

“Of these damaged houses, 4,000 have already been restored and rebuilt. But more than 40 residential buildings cannot be restored and can only be demolished. Technical examinations are ongoing,” says Igor Terekhov.

On February 3, Russian troops attacked Kharkiv’s energy infrastructure for almost six hours. The Russians used cluster munitions, Shahed and Molniya drones, and missiles.